Author Topic: Hypsioma constellata Thomson, 1868 - Cerambycidae  (Read 266 times)

Offline cosmln

• http://insects.nature4stock.com/
Hypsioma constellata Thomson, 1868 - Cerambycidae
« on: Tue, 01 January 2019, 07:07:45 AM »
Hi,

Another longhorn beetle that is not yet present in the forum.
Collected in French Guiana: Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni: Galmot (near): around Gite Moutouch: at light: 1-6.february.2016: leg. Cosmin-O. Manci.

All my best,
Cosmin
Cosmin-Ovidiu Manci
insects.nature4stock.com

Offline Auke

• Administrator
Re: Hypsioma constellata Thomson, 1868 - Cerambycidae
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 05:46:02 PM »
Hi Cosmin,

Thank you for sharing your excellent photos of beetles here on GNF! This is a forum rather than a photo depository, but I very much welcome your efforts to increase the available info here.

How do you create these photos? Are they stacked? It's hard to imagine how else you could get this level of depth and detail. Except that these photos are very good, I also like the quality of the pinning. Too often, in my opinion, beetles are just pinned or glued "as they are" which makes it hard to see (details of) the legs or antennae, or even of the body if it still contains debris. Not so in your specimens! Keep up the good work! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Cheers,

Auke

Offline cosmln

• http://insects.nature4stock.com/
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 09:39:25 AM »
Hi AUke,

Yes, photostack ... is the only way to get so "deep" and a lot of work after.
2-3-4 hours for each photo, depends of how hairy it is :).

And mounting them also nice is from my part a respect for dead animal. Yes I know from that reason I work slowly but this is my way ;) .

All my best,
Cosmin
Cosmin-Ovidiu Manci
insects.nature4stock.com

Offline Stephen

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
I agree, beautiful photos.  I also like your comments about respecting our photographic and/or pinned subjects.  Keep up the good work.