Author Topic: Close encounter of the third kind...  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Auke

• Administrator
Close encounter of the third kind...
« on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 11:10:30 PM »
The things you see down here in Suriname... :shocker:

True story: some time ago I was spending the night all alone at an old overgrown plantation, hoping to see some interesting species. I was not disappointed!

When I met this creature shortly after he landed, he said "Take me to your leader!". Or at least, I like to imagine he said that. I answered that it would be troublesome and shortly after, he left. He did allow me to take a picture of him though. Together with the memory that's all I got left from this close encounter. :)

Auke

Offline Auke

• Administrator
Re: Close encounter of the third kind...
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 09:40:03 PM »
Another very cool beastie! I found this one east of Avanavero, West Suriname. No visible body, the legs apparently coming straight out of the enormous head, the low eyes, the horns, the ominous shadow... you'd be inclined to think it's an evil alien hell-bent on earth domination! :shocker:

Lucky for us, he's only about 2cm. :yesss!:

Don't hesitate to post your own pics of weird Guianese animals here. We'd love to see them!

Cheers,

Auke

Offline Auke

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 07:28:25 PM »
This one made me think a bit of the T-rex from Jurassic Park (think of the original film, the car scene).

What a small lizard and a bit of fantasy can do... ::)

Cheers,

Auke

Offline Auke

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 08:32:44 PM »
And yet another close-up of a weird-looking creature. :o

I know what it is, but do you? Please share your thought about its identity (or those of the other ones).

Auke :)